The current batch of smartwatches are boring rectangular slabs lacking in excitement and style. HP is looking to change that by teaming up with renown designer Michael Bastian and Gilt, a designer retail site.
- Round watch face
- 44mm stainless steel case
- Inlaid button controls on the bezel
- Primarily function: notification hub; alerts about stocks, the weather and sports; see incoming calls, texts and email; and relay reminders about calendar appointments from the phone. It will also work as a remote control for music apps.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android phones
- 7 whole days of battery life (would compete with the Pebble and Sony Smartwatch 2)
- Release date Fall 2014
- Price: US $300+
"A watch like this should provide men with quick, simple, accurate information at a glance, much like the displays and dials of a car dashboard — you can almost think of it as a personal dashboard for your digital life.The watch's interchangeable straps in perforated leather, nylon and rubber even reflect this inspiration." -Michael Bastian